Hiking & Mountain Biking
Lake Geneva Canopy Tours has almost 9 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails offering beginner, intermediate & expert levels. The Arbor Trails single track winds through the forest and features plenty of obstacles on the intermediate and expert level routes which include ladder bridges, jumps, and switchbacks that make it a regional favorite.
The Arbor Trails are unpaved and built around the trees using the natural topography creating the various levels of difficulty. Open year-round, snowshoeing is a popular activity in the winter months.
What to Bring
- Water (no glass containers)
- Bug Repellant
- Cell Phone
Check Arbor Trail conditions by calling the LGCT Welcome Center @ 262.248.9271
Arbor Trail Maps
Click on the hiker to download a LGCT hiking trail guide.
Click on the biker to download a LGCT biking trail guide.
On-site bike rentals are available every Friday, Saturday & Sunday Memorial Day Weekend (5/23/14) through Labor Day (9/1/14).
Exception: Bike Rentals will NOT be available Friday, August 22 & Saturday, August 23. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Bike rental reservations can be made, in advance through The Bike Haven, 7 days a week. For your convenience, The Bike Haven delivers bikes to Lake Geneva Canopy Tours Arbor Trails for any advance bike rental reservations.
All bike rentals are available through The Bike Haven by visiting their website at www.thebikehavenmchenry.com or calling 815.385.4642
Arbor Trail Rules
- Stay on Arbor Trails at all times.
- For everyone's safety stay off all Canopy Tour, High Ropes, Zip Lines and Team Building elements (platforms, towers, bridges, stairways, walls, etc.).
- Help keep the forest beautiful. Trash cans are located at the cabin near the parking area.
- No glass containers.
- Minors & leashed pets must be supervised at all times.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the Arbor Trails.
- Helmets must be worn at all times when bike riding. Helments are available through Bike Haven when renting a bike.
Hiking & Mountain Biking
All hikers and mountain bikers must sign a Waiver for each daily visit.
Annual Pass holders must sign a Season Waiver, which will be kept on file for the current year.
LGCT Arbor Trails is a pet friendly environment and we welcome your furry friends.
- Pets must be leashed at all times.
- Pet owners please clean up after your pets and pets please clean up after your humans.
- Dogs that bark uncontrollably or don't play well with others will be fed chili and beans to keep their mouths occupied.
- Use common sense. Please do not leave pets unattended anywhere on the LGCT grounds or in vehicles.