It’s no secret that Lake Geneva, WI is a premiere summertime destination – but have you ever considered a visit during Spring Break? For those of you who haven’t, we’ve come up with this handy list of activities for Spring Breakers in Lake Geneva:
Top 7 Activities to Cross Off Your Bucket List
1. Stay at a Resort
The Lake Geneva area is full of unique resorts and hotels to add a little luxury to your spring stay.
The Grand Geneva Resort offers extreme comfort with a variety of amenities including indoor waterpark, outdoor fire pits, valet parking, as well as on-site spa, golf course, transportation, and much more!
Located in the nearby town of Delavan, Lake Lawn Resort is also a prime spring stay location. With over 270 spacious rooms of varied layouts, Lake Lawn provides complementary Wi-Fi, private balconies, indoor pools, and an on-site marina, spa, and Fireside Lounge.
If you’re looking for a slightly smaller place to stay, there are several great hotel options right in downtown Lake Geneva.
Harbor Shores and The Mill Creek Hotel are perfect for those looking to absorb local Lake Geneva culture. Harbor Shores sits across the street from the shore line and offers a built-in pizzeria, while Mill Creek Hotel (a block from the lake) grants smooth access to the water, parks, and the downtown area.
2. Shop Local
With an active and vibrant downtown, comes excellent local shopping experiences.
A few of our favorites include:
- Clearwater Outdoor – A one-stop shop for all of your adventure sport/style clothing, gear, and equipment.
- Cornerstone Shop & Gallery – A great place to find home décor, clothing, jewelry, candles, or serving ware that will add a touch of elegance to your home.
- And many more! Lake Geneva has many one-of-a-kind shops selling anything from beach attire to high-end fashion, even books and gifts you won’t find anywhere else.
3. Partake in Food or Drink
With so many delicious options at your disposal, we’ll simply mention a few of the best around and order them by meal.
- Breakfast – Egg Harbor Café is a local favorite serving breakfast & lunch. Known for their incredible menu featuring fresh, gluten-free options, Egg Harbor is a sure thing when it comes to great breakfast.
- Lunch – Located just minutes outside of Lake Geneva on Lake Como, DJ’s In The Drink has the best bar food in the area. In The Drink’s menu includes fan favorites such as homemade pizzas, burgers, and Friday fish fries. Of course, you’re welcome to wash it all down with a refreshing selection of tap beers, as well.
- Dinner – Popeye’s is a large lakeside establishment that specializes in flame-roasted chicken, lamb, and pork. The menu is outstanding, and the atmosphere is as lively as it is unique.
- After-Dinner Drinks – Also located on Lake Como, Mars Resort is a local favorite for live music and brilliant sunset views. Having been established in the 1920s, Mars contains a storied history with the feel of a 1950s supper club, including newly renovated gardens and a patio overlooking the lake.
4. Tour the Lake
The town was named after our beautiful body of water, so shouldn’t you take some time to appreciate all that Geneva Lake has to offer? Now, there are several ways to see the lake, either by land or by sea.
The most popular choice? Lake Geneva Cruise Line provides many types of tours, including different lake sections, lunch and dinner specials, sunset cocktail cruises, or a full lake trip all boasting iconic scenes of lakefront properties.
If one of these doesn’t suit you, there are always specialty cruises and events going on throughout the year.
You may also want to simply walk the Geneva Lake Path. The lake perimeter is a marathon’s worth of beautifully crafted dream homes. Touring the lake on foot makes for memorable strolls of any length. Lake Geneva Cruise Line will even pick you up by boat for the tour’s return trip.
5. Hit the Golf Course
While the lake provides opportunities to relax, there’s nothing quite like a day on the fairway. Luckily, for golf lovers, Lake Geneva has a number of options for you, as well.
These clubs offer great tee times and courses:
6. Enjoy the Entertainment
Believe it or not, there’s still more to do in Lake Geneva, such as a few notably awesome theaters.
One of the most popular is the Tristan Crist Magic Theater. Here you’ll get the chance to experience live magic, illusions, and comedy with new tricks added every year. The theater, itself, is small enough to create an immersive environment, allowing you to be right in the thick of the action.
There’s also the newly renovated Geneva Theater located in Lake Geneva’s downtown. The new owners have restored the building to its classic style and former charm. Films are now showing!
7. Last…But Not Least: Go Spring Zip Lining!
Of course, we had to save the best for last, and there’s no activity more suitable for a Bucket List than zip lining!
At Lake Geneva Canopy Tours, we offer a one-of-a-kind opportunity to soar through the spring treetops on our environmentally-friendly zip line canopy tours.
The tours last about 2-hours and feature 8 zip lines, along with 5 sky bridges, and 3 spiral staircases, finishing strong with a giant racing zip.
Aside from zip lining, we also offer high ropes excursions. This course is a series of high ropes elements and challenges suspended from a sturdy pine forest.
In fact, we have over 9 miles of Arbor Trails, and offer day passes for adventurers looking to hike or bike – whichever you prefer!
Well, you now know the top 7 activities in Lake Geneva, and we’ve only scratched the surface! To learn more about Lake Geneva or to find a full list of events and activities, check out the VISIT Lake Geneva website.
We hope to see you soon!